Navigation Pages

Saturday, 9 May 2015

3 Quick, Delicious, Healthy Breakfasts

When I am in a rush in the mornings the last thing I think about is breakfast. I have gotten into the bad habit of either having nothing for breakfast or grabbing a biscuit to nibble on whilst I'm getting ready. You and I both know the "Breakfast Is The Most Important Meal Of The Day". I have realised that I had to get out of this habit fast, which lead to me finding these three delicious and healthy breakfast options.

For breakfast you want food that will give you good slow release energy rather than a sugar high that leads to an energy crash. This doesn't mean not to have any sweet things for breakfast, and healthy doesn't necessarily mean discussing. So here are 3 Fast, Healthy and YUMMY Breakfast Options.

1.  Smoothies
Smoothies are a super healthy and easy way to get good foods into your body and filling you up in the mornings ready for your day. There are so many different combinations of flavours you can put into a smoothie, this is just one that is my absolute favourite.


- Frozen Blueberries
- Frozen Rasberries
- Orange Juice
- Coconut Milk (or any other type of milk)
- Strawberry Yoghurt (or any other flavour)
- Green Tea

The amounts are completely up to you depending on how much or little you want of each thing.

I brew the green tea in a mug separately and wait for it to cool down before adding about 1/3 of the mug (medium). 

Simply put all the ingredients into a blender or a Magic Bullet/Nutri-Bullet and presto, a yummy smoothie.
Another great thing about smoothies is you can put healthy foods into a smoothie that might not taste nice and hide it behind amongst good tasting foods. For example the green tea in my smoothie.


2.  Oats In A Jar
I got this idea from The Domestic Geek on Youtube so go and check her out. It is so fast and there are so many different flavours you can add to a simple combination of oats, chia seeds, yoghurt and milk. Add your flavouring then
put the lid on the jar and shake to combine all the ingredients. I love cinnamon apple flavour. The added bonus is you can prepare it the night before and leave it overnight to be ready for you to just grab in the morning.

3. Granola, Yoghurt and Fruit
This couldn't be simpler in a small bowl start with a layer of granola (I like to use granola with bits of dried fruit in it), then a layer of yoghurt (I use honey greek yoghurt), keep on layering until you get to the top of the bowl and top with your favourite fruit.

 I hope you enjoy making these easy breakfasts and have a little bit more enjoyable mornings!
Let me know what you think in the comments.
SweetBlur x



No comments:

Post a Comment