Navigation Pages

Saturday, 24 June 2017

Winter Dry Skincare Must Haves

The weather is getting colder, which means a major change in skin care regime is needed. As my body panics trying to make sense of what is going on with the temperature, my skin tends to get really dry in the winter.

In attempt to combat the winter dryness I have been testing lots of products and have found my saving graces which have permanently joined the battle against my skin.

I always try to be really gentle with my skin whilst its having problems. The last thing you want to do when your skin is freaking out is irritate it more with intense products with lots of chemicals. Especially when its dry, using products with harsh chemicals will strip away the natural oils on your skin which are trying to help with the dryness.

To remove makeup I have been using the Garnier Micellar Oil-Infused Cleaning Water. It is even easier to remove make up with the oil-infused water than the original version, removing water proof and long wearing makeup. It is great for dry and sensitive skin as it contains nourishing oils.

To wash my face, I use my trusty Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.
It is really gentle on skin, free of soap which can strip your face of the natural oils, and moisturizes as it cleans, perfect for any skin type.

To moisturise my face I have been using a combination of different moisturisers depending on the time of day and the intensity of moisture I need for my skin.
First thing in the morning I use the Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Smooth moisturiser. It is really light and quick at soaking in, which is great for before makeup application, but is probably the least moisturising.
Throughout the day and in the afternoon after taking my makeup off I use the Redwin Vitamin E Cream. I have been using this moisturiser for years and always go back to it because it is really moisturising, light and soaks in quite quickly.
At night I have been using the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion before applying spot cream. It is quite thick and isn't as quick as the others at soaking in which is why I use it at night time but it is a brilliant product for intense moisture.


I think it is also really important to exfoliate your face about twice a week to remove any dried or flaky skin. I have found that quite a few exfoliators can be really drying for your face, so it has taken me a while to find the perfect one. I like to exfoliate my face with an exfoliating face wash in the shower, as your face tends to get dry in the shower anyway with all the steam and you can come out fresh faced and beautiful. I am currently using the Biore Blemish Clearing Scrub.

I have also been suffering with really dry lips. A natural way to solve this is to drink more water as dry lips can be a sign of dehydration. But I also find using a lip balm helps a lot as well. I have experimented with many lip balms but for me the Lanolips 101 ointment multi-balm stood out from all the rest. It is quite a thick and sticky liquid which may put a lot of you off this product but it is amazing for extremely dry lips and in my experience has rehydrated my lips in only 2 days of using it.

I hope this blog post help any of you out there that experience, like me, the dreaded winter dry skin. Please comment below with your tips or favourite products for dry skin.
SweetBlur xx

No comments:

Post a Comment